Goodbye and Goodluck

>> Monday, April 20, 2009

Today was full on…not just a little, but really really full on,

It started with cell lunch, where my Wednesday night cell group all went to Tania’s place for lunch. It was really nice to hang out with those guys in such a casual way, and when you combine that with fantastic food, what more could you want?

After cell lunch Davo and I raced into the city to Perri’s place to meet her and cal so that we could do and see Tripod at the comedy festival. Tripods show was a collection of video clips that random people had made put to some of their classic songs and it was a competition so the winner was announced at the end. The videos were fantastic and hilarious, a particular favourite included the murder of the a piece of bread after it ran away with another spread. I thought that it should have one, but apparently my opinion doesn’t count.

From there Dave and I raced back to my good friend Kirsten’s place because her and pheebs had put on a bit of a congrats on the job/going away sort party for me. It was so nice to have all my friends from church in the one place, plus it gave me a good opportunity to stock up on my photos so that my new house will have some current pictures. During the party I realized I how blessed I am, to have so much support around me. I know that it sounds stupid, but it was nice to know that I was important enough to people, that even though I would only be gone Monday –Friday to start with that people wanted to say congrats and say goodbye. The day was really tiring but it was good, I love hanging out with people and I can’t think of a better way to spend my time if its not with other people. So thanks Darryl and Tania, Pez and Cal and Kirsten and Pheebs, thanks for making my day so special.

Oh and only a week to go…

I guess that's all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP