This is my piece of paper

>> Friday, April 24, 2009

Well I made it, its all official I now have little, well not so little, piece of paper that says that I am qualified. Its true, I know its hard to believe but it is true, I am qualified, ready to go and actually start my new job next week. I was really nervous about the whole graduation process, not because I thought I wouldn’t graduate of something like that, but more because after watching Dave go through it a couple of weeks ago, there are so many things that could have gone wrong. I was worried about wearing something inappropriate underneath my graduation gown, which it turns out wouldn’t have mattered anyway. I was worried about whether I wanted to be remember in my graduation photos with or without my glasses. I was worried about looking like a enormous fatty fat in my gown. I was worried about nodding my head to far and losing my hat thing…I think they are called morter boards or something…. I was worried about not tripping up the stairs, thanks dad. I was worried about ‘doffing’ in the right places and shaking hands at the right time. And most of all, I was worried about not looking like an idiot. But normal, I had nothing to worry about the night went off without a hitch. I think the best bit about the night was the hat, but second to that the ceremony actually made me feel like I had finished uni, and that my study chapter had closed, well for now. It gave me a chance to reflect on what I had achieved and to be proud that I could now actually call my self a dietitian and be telling the truth. So there you go, I am now graduated….hat and all!

I guess that's all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP