Love and Hate

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just incase you didn’t already know I have a quality quality boyfriend. What has he done now I hear you ask??? Well let me tell you…Today I caught the train back to Melbourne to go and see Wicked as a fundraiser for the Staff Songsters (but really, do you actually need an excuse to go and see Wicked). Anyway, I was a bit homesick as I came into the city on the train, just missing the city and everything that it offers, but as I got off the train at Flinders where I was meeting Davo, I spotted him standing under the clocks with a bunch of flowers. Now he tells me that he only did because his Nanny had told him when he was a little boy that if you ever meet a girl under the clocks at flinders station you must always have flowers…so thanks Dave and Nanny, I loved them…oh and sorry about the tears.

After the flowers my night just got better…I went and watched wicked…which is without a doubt the best musical I have ever ever ever seen, I would love to one day be an Elphaba of some kind! Its just so good, the music is amazing and the singing is incredible…I don’t think that I can actually tell you how much I love it, other than by giving you a rendition of one of my favourite numbers from the musical…and that’s a little hard to do on a blog. Anyway I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Anyway, after the show, Dave and I caught up with one of our mates, DJ who had been playing the show and while we were out I was confronted with something that I had only ever seen on the news and it scared me a lot. Across the road from where we were a fight broke out with one guy just beating the crap out of another. Now I don’t know if I have just been lucky and been a little sheltered, but I had never seen anything like it and it scared me so much, I just couldn’t really process what was happening or why. Why was the guy so angry? Did he really hate the other guy that much? It was just a contrast to the night of, I guess ‘love’ I had experienced so far. I know that for one thing to exist there has to be some kind of opposite, but I wish there didn’t need to be, I don’t know how you would do it, but I wish there was someway to get rid of hate forever, it just seems like such a waste.

In one way I am glad that I saw what I did because it made some of the things that are going on the world more real to me, but I tell you what I never want to see it again.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP