Being a girl

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am not a very good girl… no not like that, I am not naughty or anything a little off, what I should say is I am not very good at being a girl. Sure I do some girly things, like watch way too many chick flicks, or wait hopelessly to be swept off my feet. But when it comes down to the maintenance required to be a girl, I am just not very good at it, I never have been. How do I know this…well here are a few reasons that I came up with:

I find is difficult to justify the cost of haircuts, especially if the are required more than twice a year.

I do not have a regular beautician.
I hate clothes shopping, and have no interest in keeping up with the latest and greatest fashions.
I am terrible at makeup, just terrible (although I can apply it without a mirror…which is probably not so much a reflection of skill, as the basic nature of my makeup).
and I am capable of 3 hair styles…ponytail, half up-half down and down…that is all

However every now and then, I participate in these girlie things, take last weekend for example:

Friday night I had a visit from the lovely Renee, and while we were shopping in Bendigo, I brought a nice new girlie top. I also had a small tea party when we returned to my house in Castlemaine. Then Saturday morning, I drove straight from Castlemaine to my hairdresser in Melbourne where I got a fresh cut and colour, and even had my eyebrows waxed into a more girlie shape (as apposed to the John Howard eyebrows I normally wear). Saturday afternoon I went and brought some new makeup, so I didn’t have to continue to use the dregs from the bottom of the containers like I had been doing pretty much all year.

Anyway, a week in and I love my ‘new look’ its really not that new, or different from before, but I feel like a girl and I kinda like it. And even though it goes against everything I do, I actually booked myself in for another appointment as I was leaving the hairdresser, so that it wouldn’t get out of control again. I think its whats called taking pride in my appearance… I guess we will see how long it lasts.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

4 comments:

Lydia Wynne March 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Now we need to see a photo of the new Emma. Love your blogs.
Im a bit similar about makeup,clothes and things as working in OP.Theatre you can only see eyes so never where girlie things either.
Hope youve had a good week

Lynda Evans March 12, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Love it Em. I'm sure you look great:)

Shirley Lewis March 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

I really wonder sometimes Em if you really are my daughter. We are so different when it comes to fashion and makeup etc. Then in other ways I see myself in you a lot. I love you heaps!!!!!

Dave March 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

No don't be silly love. You don't have John Howard eyebrows Wayne has them yours are more of a Craig lowndes.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP